It's Fall Ya'll- Chili

Hope everyone had a great weekend like we did... well besides the Georgia vs. Tennessee game! Oh my gosh, my poor husband! Anyways, I decided yesterday morning that since it is now officially October and “fall” in Alabama (meaning under 85 degrees) that I would cook some chili last night. Unfortunately, I am not decorating for fall this year like I usually do (our house is on the market), and I wanted it to feel like fall around here. So I thought Chili was the perfect meal.

I did not change much on this recipe. I didn’t add bell peppers, and instead of onions, I added onion powder as usual in the Murphy house. This was so simple and Eric and I loved the chili! 

Ingredients
4 tbsp. onion powder
6 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
¼ cup chili powder
1 tbsp. ground cumin
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 ½ tsp. kosher salt, plus more as needed
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup green chilies, drained                 

Instructions
  • Brown ground beef, breaking the meat into small pieces until the beef is no longer pink, for about 7 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin.
  • Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker, add the diced tomatoes and their juices, tomato sauce, beans, and green chilies. Stir to combine. Cover and cook until the chili thickens and the flavors meld for about 8 hours on low or 6 hours on high.
  • Taste and season with salt as needed. Serve with the cheese, Fritos, and sour cream.

Happy Eating! 


Comments

  1. This is in my slow cooker now! Can't wait to taste it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts