Jalapeno Popper Dip



I cannot believe Christmas is a week away. Where has this year gone?! It has definitely been one for the books!  I don’t know about you but for my family, it seems that between work and our social life, we haven’t stopped. It is my craziest time of year at work, but it’s also my favorite time to be with family and friends and of course enjoy the holiday traditions we do every year. Over the past two weeks, we have attended several get-togethers that I have been required to bring an appetizer to. Well, I guess I found a new hot commodity, and honestly, it was by accident.
I originally made this for the Georgia vs. Auburn game back in November when Eric had one of his good guy friends over to our home. Anytime we get together, we usually make Jalapeño Poppers but this time I got an itch to do something different. I’m so glad I did because it’s truly been a hit at all of our holiday parties!

Ingredients
1 package Jimmy Dean Hot Pork Sausage
1 package 8oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup light mayonnaise
1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 jalapeños, seeded, washed and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can Pillsbury refrigerated jumbo biscuits (8 biscuits)
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon water
Kosher salt

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until thoroughly cooked or brown. Set aside.
  • Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, jalapeños, and garlic in a large bowl; mix until blended. Add cooked sausage.
  • Cut each biscuit in half and roll into a ball. Place biscuits around the edge of cast-iron forming a ring. Brush biscuits with beaten egg combined with water and sprinkle with salt.
  • With a spoon, place dip into the center of the bread ring in the skillet. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese. Bake for 25 minutes.




Happy Eating!  Original Recipe- Jalapeno Popper Dip

Comments

Popular Posts