Grilled Chicken Fried Rice

I actually did not cook dinner last night. Eric was off yesterday and hanging around the house, so he decided to hit up Eugene’s Hot Chicken food truck at our neighborhood’s pool, and I went out for a girls dinner to celebrate one of my good friend’s birthday. If you haven’t been to Bamboo on 2nd, you need to. It was better than I remember. I have always leaned towards Jinsei when it comes to sushi. Anyways, I cooked this recipe last week and put off cooking it for a week because I just knew it couldn’t be as good as Bento or Stix’s fried rice. Well I have to tell you, this recipe was pretty dang good. I made a few changes from the original recipe—one being onions and also the way I marinated and cooked the chicken. I do have to admit, I stopped at Stix on the way home from work and grabbed shrimp sauce (some call it yum, yum sauce) because I was preparing for a letdown. My husband thought this was the most genius idea I had ever had… the bartender that rang me up for $1.73 for 3 shrimp sauces thought I was less than genius…

Ingredients
1 pound chicken (about 2-3 chicken breasts)
3 cups cooked white rice (Uncle Ben’s Boil-in-bag [2])
2 tsp sesame oil
1 small white onion, chopped or 1 Tablespoon onion powder
1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed (Simply Balanced)
3 Tablespoons soy sauce (I did low sodium soy sauce)
2 eggs, lightly beaten

Instructions
  • Cook and chop the chicken. I highly recommend marinating the chicken in teriyaki sauce (I used Lawry’s) for an hour and then grilling it. I chopped it up into small cubes.
  • Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion or onion powder, peas, and carrots and fry until tender.
  • Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
  • Add the rice and chicken to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated throughout and combined.
I apologize for the terrible picture!
I forgot to take one before I started eating!


Happy Eating!

Original Recipe= http://therecipecritic.com/2014/03/chicken-fried-rice/

Comments

Popular Posts