Lemon Dump Chicken

Yesterday was truly a day of rest and a much needed one for me! Eric had to work yesterday morning, so I went to church and then went to the pool with some friends. In between church and the pool, I took a few minutes to put the recipe together and let it marinate for a few hours. I’m a true believer that the longer it marinates, the more flavorful it will be. Eric got home in the early afternoon, so we fixed an early dinner and then went to see a movie. This recipe was more of a marinade recipe than anything. Still trying to figure out why it has such an unappealing name but such a delicious taste. I fixed roasted sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus to go with it.  I am really not a fan of sweet potatoes. I have always been the one to skip the sweet potato casserole at Thanksgiving but I recently saw a video actually by my wedding photographer (hey, Magen Davis) on how to cook sweet potatoes in the oven, so I tried it! Last night, they were the best I have ever made. I played around with how much olive oil and cinnamon and really think I came up with just the perfect balance.

Ingredients
2 tsp minced garlic
¼ cup olive oil
1 Tbls parsley flakes
1 whole lemon
2-4 chicken breast

Instructions
  •  Place minced garlic, olive oil, and parsley flakes into a 1-gallon freezer bag. Squeeze the entire lemon into the bag as well.
  • Add chicken to the bag. After sealing the bag, turn the bag over several times until everything is combined and the chicken is well-coated.
  • Marinate for 1-4 hours.
  • Place on grill, cook until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients
1 medium sweet potato
2 Tbls olive oil
¼ tsp cinnamon

Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Wash and cut the potatoes in 1 inch cubes. I left the skin on to get more nutrients, but you can peel the potato if you want.
  • Place olive oil, cinnamon, and potatoes in 1-gallon size plastic bag. Shake until all potatoes are fully covered.
  • Place on pan and roast for 30 minutes. Side note—I prefer a little crunch to my sweet potatoes, so I turn the broiler on for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Be very careful with this as some ovens heat really fast, and you can burn the potatoes.


Grilled Asparagus

Ingredients
½ bunch of fresh asparagus
2 Tbls olive oil
¼ tsp of garlic salt
½ lemon

Instructions
  • Trim and wash asparagus.
  •  Place asparagus, olive oil, garlic salt, and ½ lemon squeezed in gallon size bag.
  • Toss and then place of grill.
  • Grill 5 to 7 minutes flipping them occasionally until tender.

Lemon Dump Chicken, Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Grilled Asparagus 



Happy Eating!

Original Recipe- http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2014/10/lemon-garlic-dump-chicken-whats-dinner.html

Comments

Popular Posts