Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry

Eric has lots of favorite meals I cook (or so he says), but this is one meal he truly loves. It is a pretty simple recipe, healthy, and filling. We both love shrimp and broccoli and often eat it at our house. I served this over brown rice and had a nice glass of white wine with it. 
I try not to post nutritional info (see below) with recipes, but I was surprised by this one. When I try to eat healthy, I attempt to leave 400- 500 calories for dinner (blew that with the glass of wine). I challenge myself to eat only 1,200 calories a day because I do not exercise like I should. In the last year, I have changed jobs and only get about 8,000 steps a day. When I was at the Country Club, I would get 18,000-20,000 step a day. Oh how I miss those days! If you work at the Colonnade, you probably see a blonde-headed girl in heels doing laps—that’s me! I do it every day trying to get steps in during my lunch break. I recently got the new Fitbit Blaze, and I love this watch as it really does help me get my steps. The other night I was 50 steps away from my goal (12,000) so I jumped out of bed and did a lap around the house…my husband thinks I’m crazy, but it really does hold you accountable! 

Nutritional Info- 287.3 calories. With 1/2 cup of Uncle Ben’s Brown Rice, it is 372.3 calories.

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, tails off and deveined
24 ounces broccoli florets (about 5 cups)
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 green onion, thinly sliced (optional)

For the sauce:
3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
½ tsp minced garlic
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon Sriracha, (optional but I always add it)

Instructions
  • In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, cornstarch and Sriracha; set aside.
  • Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes. Add broccoli, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
  • Stir in soy sauce mixture until well combined and slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
  • Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired.

Happy Eating!
Original Recipe-http://damndelicious.net/2015/01/16/easy-shrimp-broccoli-stir-fry/

Comments

Popular Posts