Broccoli Cheese Soup

I have to admit, I have lived in Birmingham my entire life and never been to Taco Mama until last night! If you didn’t know, Taco Mama just opened up at the Summit and was packed! If you haven’t had their seasonal Watermelon Margarita, you need to get it!

P.S. Steel City Pops is next door and makes for a great dessert! I’m mad that I didn’t get one last night!

Even though it was 90 degrees outside on Tuesday night, I was craving soup and decided to make Broccoli and Cheese Soup. Now the name of this soup is a little misleading because it should be Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Soup. When I originally tried it, my mother didn’t tell me that cauliflower was in it. It is definitely not one of my preferred vegetables, but honestly you can’t taste it in this soup, and you are getting more nutrients with it in there! If you absolutely hate cauliflower, you can do an extra bag of broccoli! It’s funny because I remember growing up, and my mom would cook new things and not tell us what was in it until after dinner (my dad and sister were picky eaters). Eric isn’t a picky eater, but I find that if I tell him after dinner what all the recipe consist of, he gives me his honest opinion. Not that he wouldn’t give me his honest opinion anyway, but he would never want to hurt my feelings. Anyways, try this soup! It is yummy and anything with Velveeta Cheese in it can’t go wrong!

When my Mom was doing Weight Watchers years ago, she introduced this soup to me. We both really enjoy it and now so does Eric! For Weight Watchers people, it is 2 points per cup!

Ingredients
3 Cans (14 1/2 ounce) reduced sodium chicken broth
1 bag (1 pound) Broccoli
1 bag (1 pound) Cauliflower
1 can (10 ½ ounce) Rotel Original
10 ounces Velveeta (reduced fat or 2% Milk)

Instructions
Mix chicken broth, broccoli, cauliflower, and Rotel together.
Simmer for 25 minutes or until veggies are tender. Once veggies are tender, I take a potato masher and mash the veggies so there are not big chunks in my soup. I found that it is easier to eat this way. 
Cut up Velveeta and put into soup.
Simmer until cheese is melted. 


Happy Eating! 
Original recipe-https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/187197414/weight-watchers-broccoli-cheese-soup-2-pts-per-cup/?locale=en_US 

Comments

Popular Posts