Crab Cobb Salad

Y’all, this salad was so dang good!! Eric ate every bite, and I couldn’t finish mine but wanted too! This is truly one of the best salads I have ever had. I used to not be a salad girl but over the last couple of years, I have become one. It was a texture thing. This salad is right up there next to Olexa’s Strawberry Mandarin Salad in my opinion. If you have yet to have lunch at Olexa’s Café in Mountain Brook, they have the best salads and paninis. Shout out to Jaime Lynn for the introduction to the salad a couple years ago!

When I found this recipe, it was originally Lobster Cobb Salad, but Eric and I are more Snow Crab people and Snow Crab Legs are cheaper! Honestly, you can put grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, steamed crab or lobster. They would all be wonderful and go great with the homemade vinaigrette.

Side note—When boiling the eggs, I boiled mine for 8-10 minutes. I also put a dash of salt in the boiling water so the eggs wouldn’t crack. Also, I grilled two fresh ears of corn on the grill. Omg, it made the salad! I put a dash of olive oil on both ears and lightly sprinkled salt and pepper. I cooked for about 10 minutes rotating them often on the grill. Eric doesn’t like avocado in his salad, and it looked like it was missing something, so I put reduced fat shredded cheese on his. I also put onion powder in the dressing but didn’t like the texture of it so next time I will make it exactly the way the recipe calls for and then strain the onions out for Eric’s salad. The things I do for my husband…

Ingredients
        10 oz cooked crab meat (yield from 21 1/2 lb Snow Crab Legs)
         2 cups baby greens
         2 ounces avocado, diced
         2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
         4 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
         1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
         3/4 cup *cooked corn kernels (from 2 fresh ears)

For the vinaigrette
         1 tsp dijon mustard
         4 tsp olive oil
         2 tbsp plus 1 tsp red wine vinegar
         1/4 tsp kosher salt
         2 tbsp chopped red onion

Instructions
  • Combine the first 4 ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl and whisk well. Add onions and set aside. 
  • Crack and shred crab meat into large pieces. Place 1 cup greens in each bowl and top with crab, avocado, eggs, bacon, tomatoes, and corn. 
  • Drizzle 2 1/2 tbsp vinaigrette over each salad and enjoy.
Crab Cobb Salad

Happy Eating!

Comments

Popular Posts