Deals for Meals

Happy Tuesday! No recipe today, but I think this will benefit a lot of people!

I have really been paying attention lately to restaurants that are offering amazing deals and thought I would share. Eric and I love to go out to eat but once we bought the Jeep and actually looked at our finances, we realized just how much money we were spending on food! I always like to stay up to date on restaurants because of my job for one but also because if you really pay attention, you can eat out for a good cost.

Bonefish Grill (Galleria)
Last Wednesday, Eric, my sister, her husband, and I ate at Bonefish Grill. We love their Bang Bang Shrimp. For those that don’t know, you can get an entrée size portion of Bang Bang shrimp for $6 on Wednesdays. You can also get the Bang Bang shrimp ordered ToGo. Eric and I have done this several times.

I also signed up for Dine rewards the day before, and they sent me an email with $5 off your next visit at Outback, Bonefish Grill, and Carrabba’s or the coupon was good for $10 off at Flemings. When you sign up for Dine Rewards, you get 50% off every fourth visit!
I also received an email yesterday that on Mondays, their martinis are only $5 until September 5th.
Side note- Fresh Strawberry Rose Martini, delicious! 
Five Birmingham (Lakeview)
Uptown Wednesdays serving Uptown Shrimp for $7 and half-priced bottles of wine.
Starting in September, they will have cheeseburgers on Sunday Evenings for $5.

Perry’s (Hwy 280 just after the Colonnade)
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday from 4pm-7pm and Sunday from 4pm-9pm.
During happy hour, they have Bar Bites for $9 and Cocktails for $7.
Live Music: Monday-Thursday from 6pm-10pm and Friday-Saturday from 6pm-11pm.
Friday Lunch: $14.95 18-22oz Perry’s Famous Pork Chop served with whipped potatoes puree and homemade apple sauce.
Dinner: Every Sunday (except on holidays), Perry’s has a 3-course Pork Chop dinner for $29.95  (Wedge salad, Pork Chop and Dessert Trio).

Costa’s Mediterranean (Hoover on Lorna Rd.)
If you have never tried Family ToGo from here, let me let you in on a big secret!!!!! First and foremost, hands down best lasagna ever. Growing up, this was my dad’s favorite meal so we would eat it often. The price has gone up a little since I was younger, but it’s still a heck of a deal.

Lasagna for “4” for $34.95 which includes lasagna, salad with dressing, and breadsticks (4).
I put “4” in quotations because this would feed my family for 2 nights minus the bread, and it’s so yummy!
They have Baked Ziti, Baked Spaghetti, Chicken Fettucine, Veal Parmigiana, and so much more that can be done in Family Specials.

Momma Goldberg’s (Homewood)
Wednesday $1 Nachos with purchase of sandwich and $1 domestic beers.
Thursday: if you are a student and show student ID, you get free nachos.

Chuy’s (Summit)
Bring in a FRAMED picture of your dog, and you get a free queso.
They also have the best happy hour Monday- Friday from 4pm-7pm. (See below)
House Margs for $4.75.
Fully-loaded nacho car. Honestly, you can get full on this. (Ground beef, beans, chips, queso, and salsa) FOR FREE!

PF Chang’s (Summit)
Monday-Wednesday until August 31st, try their new Singapore Firecracker Chicken or Long Life Noodles & Prawns Free with any entrée purchase.
Happy Hour: Monday- Friday from 3pm-6pm with $6 drinks (cocktails, wine and sake) and $4 craft beer.

Asian Rim (Colonnade)
Eric’s good friend Brad (one from the band Atticus Avenue) used to play a lot at Asian Rim, and I really came to love this restaurant. It is at the Colonnade, and I have always had a good experience. Man, do they have some good deals!
Express lunch menu in 13 mins or less, or its free!
Monday: Starting at 6pm every Monday, $1.25 sushi! Yes, you read that correctly!
Wednesday: $5 Martinis.
Thursday: Half off bottles and glasses of wine.

Cheesecake Factory (Summit)
Monday through Friday from 4pm-6pm, they have a ton of apps for $5.95, and they have wines by the glass for $4.95.

Stix (My Family’s Favorite)
Seriously, my family hasn’t done it lately, but we were on a roll there for a little! Actually, so much on a roll that every time Eric’s mom came into town, we would go there for dinner!
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday from 4:30pm- 6:30pm.

Eric Moms-Crab Wontons $4.75
My Dad-Chicken Lettuce Wraps $6.50
My Mom-California Roll $5 and Spring Rolls $3.50
Eric and I-Edamame $3, Crunchy Crab Roll $5, and Crunchy Shrimp Roll $5
My mom and I would also get a glass of Pinot Grigio- $5

They really have a great Happy Hour menu of appetizers, drinks and sushi as well. You cannot get this ToGo, however. You have to dine in.

Fuego Cantina (Southside)
Haven’t been here yet, but I hear Taco Tuesday is amazing! (Thanks Shay)
$2 tacos all day!

Outback
Free Blooming Onion on Mondays

Firebirds (Patton Creek)
My old neighbor actually told me about Firebirds a while ago (Thank you Kelley D), and I always forget about it and need to go there soon.
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday from 4-6:30pm.
They have bar bites, and it’s a meal for me! From Mahi tacos to Tenderloin Sliders for $7, you can eat at the bar and be full when you walk out.
They also have great prices on drinks like Signature cocktails for $6, select glasses of wine and well drinks for $5, and draft beer $2 off.
On Mondays, they have half-priced glasses of wine and select bottles.

Cocina Superior (Brookwood Mall)
This is my go to spot after work with my VCC girls. I don’t eat dinner and just eat a whole bowl of Queso and a couple of Pomegranate Margs. I probably shouldn’t be admitting this, but omg it’s my guilty pleasure!
20oz Pomegranate Margarita $10
Hugh bowl of queso-$8

Jackson’s Bar and Grille (SOHO)
Sunday: Half-priced bottles of wine from 3-10pm.
Fuego Mondays: Half-priced pizzas and flatbread from 5-10pm.

Chick-Fil-A
Did you know that if you ordered a kids meal and you don’t want the toy, you can get a free ice cream cone if you give the toy back? You're Welcome!

Happy Eating!

If you know a restaurant in the Birmingham area that has awesome deals or great happy hours, please share!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts