Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


I got home somewhat early last night, and I knew Eric wouldn’t be home until after 7pm. I had the house to myself and decided to cook dinner AND dessert! Since we are going out to eat tonight with some good friends and I won’t be cooking, I will share with you my Broccoli Cheese Soup (actually on Weight Watchers) tomorrow. Eric truly loves this soup and had NO IDEA that cauliflower was in it until I told him. I will fill you in on the details tomorrow! People DO NOT let cauliflower discourage you. You can’t taste it!

So healthy cookies huh? I have to say I was very impressed with this recipe. When the recipe starts calling for agave and not sugar, I get nervous. I mean, who wants to mess up an oatmeal raisin cookie? To say the least, they were yummy! I do have to say they were a little spongier than normal cookies, but the taste was great! You should really try these!

Coming soon... HEALTHY Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites!

Ingredients 

  • 1 cup instant oats
  • ¾ cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 ½ tsp baking powder
  • 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
  • ⅛ tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • ½ cup agave
  • ¼ cup raisins

Instructions 
  • It is important that you measure the oats and flour correctly!
  • Whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together unsalted butter melted and cooled, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the agave. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the raisins. Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
  • Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper 
  • Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten slightly. Bake at 325°F for 11-14 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.


Happy Eating!
Original Recipe- http://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2014/11/30/the-ultimate-healthy-soft-chewy-oatmeal-raisin-cookies/

Comments

Popular Posts