Thai Peanut Lettuce Wraps

Um, yum! I love peanut butter and lettuce wraps, so this was the perfect combination. These also have a kick to them so if you aren’t a fan of a little heat, back off on the Sriracha sauce when making. If you love P.F Changs lettuce wraps, you would love these too. I took out the scallions from my recipe because of Eric so if you want onions and cabbage added to your entrée, follow the original recipe below.  Also, I misread the recipe when grocery shopping and didn’t realize it said ground chicken, so I just chopped my chicken breast up very small and cooked it the same way. Ground chicken is probably easier to eat but you can make this with chicken breast as well and just chop it into small pieces. 

PB2: let’s talk about it … this is the first recipe I have found that calls for PB2 and guess what, I had some in the pantry. If you haven’t heard of PB2, it is the greatest peanut butter supplement ever. It has 85% less fat calories than traditional peanut butter. It is great in protein shakes as well (this is what I originally bought it for). I am hoping to find more recipes I can use this in. I bought my PB2 from Costco! 


This recipe is on 252 calories (2 tacos) and is actually probably less because I use reduced sodium soy sauce instead of regular like the recipe called for! 

Ingredients
For the Peanut Sauce
         ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
         3 tbsp PB2 (or 2 tbsp peanut butter)
         ½ tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
         1 tbsp honey
         1 tbsp reduce sodium soy sauce
         ½ tbsp ginger
         1/8 tsp garlic powder 
For the Chicken
         Pam’s olive oil cooking spray
         1 pound ground chicken
         1 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce (more or less to taste)
         ½ tsp garlic powder
         1 tbsp ginger
         1 tbsp reduce sodium soy sauce
         ¾ cups shredded carrots
         2 tbsp chopped peanuts
         4 lime wedges
         8 iceberg lettuces outer leaves

Instructions
  • Make the peanut sauce in a small saucepan. Combine chicken broth, PB2, ½ tablespoon sriracha, honey, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ½ tablespoon ginger, and 1/8 garlic powder and simmer over medium-low heat stirring occasionally until sauce becomes smooth and thickens, about 6 to 8 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet or wok over high medium until hot. When hot, spray with oil and sauté the chicken until cooked through. Add the sriracha, remaining garlic, and ginger and then sauté 1 minute. Add the tablespoon of soy sauce and cook for 1 minute.
  • Divide the chicken equally between 8 lettuce leaves, top each with shredded carrots, drizzled peanut sauce, chopped peanuts, and serve with lime wedges.


Happy Eating!


Comments

  1. I just saw this recipe and wanted to ask...did you look at where PB2 is made? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts