Buffalo Chicken Pasta

If you love pasta as much as us, you are going to LOVE this recipe especially if you love buffalo chicken.  Yesterday, Eric was off and I was home by 5:30pm. These days are few and far between that I get to leave work by 5pm. Eric and I recently have gotten back in the bad habit of eating out a lot, so I told Eric I would be cooking a lot for the rest of the month. I have had this recipe set to the side meaning to try it and just haven’t gotten around to it. Man, was it a hit last night and SO easy to make. Also, I noticed that I literally only used one pan while cooking. Let’s just say, the kitchen was cleaned up fast last night!
The only thing I didn’t add that the recipe called for was garnishing the pasta with blue cheese crumbles. We aren’t a fan of blue cheese in the Murphy household. I was also shocked to look at the nutritional value and realize that you get a hefty portion (1 ½ cups), and it is only 333 calories.
Ingredients
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 (1-ounce) packet ranch dressing and seasoning mix
2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup water
2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
8 ounces whole grain penne noodles, dry
1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese

Instructions

  • Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the oil and chicken, cooking for 2-4 minutes, browning all sides. 
  • Sprinkle the ranch packet over the chicken, stirring together to coat, then add the chicken broth, water, buffalo sauce, and penne to the skillet.
  • Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer, cooking until the penne is done and the sauce has thickened slightly for 16-18 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, cut the cream cheese into cubes. When the penne is done, stir in the cream cheese until fully melted.

Happy Eating! 

Comments

Popular Posts