Caramel Heath Bar Dip

It was one of those mornings where I just wanted to stay in bed with the pups and my cup of coffee. I am exhausted. It has been awhile (5 years) since I have been in the restaurant setting for the holidays. While it is tiring, I love the adrenaline rush!

Eric was out of town at the beginning of this week, so I have just been responsible for feeding myself this week. Don’t worry, I haven’t been cooking at all. As a matter of fact, the night before last my dinner was expired tater tots (I’m still alive and well) and chicken nuggets. I felt like a 5 year old, but I have been getting home close to 8pm each night and too tired to cook.

I am so looking forward to being in our new house, in my new kitchen with my gas range, and cooking again. Speaking of the house, we have been delayed until the middle of January but hope to be in their sooner rather than later.

Saturday, my parents had a bunch of friends over for the SEC championship, and so I brought over a new appetizer. This is a recipe that as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make it.  If anyone watches The Bachelor, you all know who Sean Lowe is. Well, I follow his sister Shay Shull’s blog, and she had posted how amazing this appetizer dish was. I don’t think you can go wrong with cream cheese, caramel and heath bar. I hear, it was so yummy. Oops, I can’t believe I forgot to try it, like who does that? I guess I was more focused on the Zaxbys wings, buffalo chicken dip, and brownies. I hope you enjoy this recipe. It was super easy to make, and it’s only three ingredients.

Ingredients
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
one container of caramel (this is near the apples at Publix)
1 bag of Heath toffee bits (found by the marshmallows and chocolate chips)
sliced apples for dipping (4-6 apples)

Instructions
  • Spread your softened cream cheese across a pie plate.  
  • Next, spoon over a layer of caramel.
  • Finally, top with your heath toffee bits.
  • Serve this with sliced apples.



Happy Eating! 

Comments

Popular Posts