Banana Nut Bread

Some days, it seems like there are truly not enough hours in the day! It has been a busy week so far, and it’s only Tuesday.  Last night was a late night for Eric and me as we watched my beloved Tide get beat by the Clemson Tigers. But, hey, if anyone is going to take a National Championship from us, I rather it be from a coach that is an Alabama Alum. Roll Tide!

BURR! This weekend it was a cold one! I woke up Saturday to ice all over the roads, and it being 14 degrees outside. I live in the south for a reason—this chick doesn’t handle cold weather very well! Don’t worry, Thursday it will be back in the 70’s. I decided Saturday that since I really shouldn’t be getting out and about on the roads, I was going to cook a few things! I will share with you tomorrow a really easy and yummy homemade Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe! It was the perfect dinner for a frigid Saturday night. I also made my sister the Heavenly Oreo Dessert that I posted last week. It was her birthday Sunday, and she wanted that instead of a cake. Here is the link if you didn’t catch it last week! Heavenly Oreo Dessert

Sunday, I just so happened to stop by my good friend Jaime’s house. In two weeks, we will be neighbors, and I have a feeling we will be cooking together a lot. I think I gave her a glimpse of how much fun cooking can be. When I arrived, Jaime was putting together one of my recipes in the crock-pot, and we decided to cook something for dessert. Jaime had never made Banana Bread, so off to Publix we went. I wish I would have had my grandmother’s recipe with us, but we decided to use a Martha Stewart one that I had used before. It is a simple recipe, but using a hand mixer…not so much. My Kitchen Aid has spoiled me, and if I had to guess, I bet Jaime will be getting one soon! As soon as the Banana Bread came out of the oven, I did what my grandmother always did. I yelled for Matt, (Jaime’s husband) and said, “Here, eat it like this.” My grandmother would never let it cool, she would cut off a slice and slap a piece of butter on it. Oh my goodness, I think me and Matt were drooling. Jaime did an awesome job! 

Ingredients
¾ cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 ¼ cups sugar
3 large eggs
5 mashed medium very ripe bananas
1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-5-by-3-inch pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; set to the side.
  • In the bowl use and electric or hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions of banana; mix until just combined. Stir in walnuts, if desired, by hand.
  • Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes. Use a toothpick to see if it is done, only a few moist crumbs should be attached. Let cool 10 minutes in pan, then turn out of pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Happy Eating!

Original Recipe- Banana Walnut Loaf

Comments

Popular Posts