Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls

Hope you had a good weekend! It has been an extremely busy week and weekend for us! Last weekend, we moved in our new home! YAY! We are so excited to be somewhat settled! Thank you to all of our friends and family that helped us move in!
 
Saturday, I went to Atlanta to pick my parents up from the airport! They have been in Maui, Australia, and Sydney for the past three weeks! Glad to have them home safe and sound! I told myself that this weekend I would get all the boxes unpacked! HA! That did not happen! Maybe next weekend!
 
I was able to cook a few meals last week, not many, but I wanted to share with you this delicious recipe. They are called Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls! So simple to make and healthy! Eric and I licked the bowls! By the way, I am loving my new kitchen! I can’t wait to really break it in! Funny story, our good friends Matt and Jaime came over for dinner last Sunday (they live around the corner), and I forgot I didn’t have any dining room chairs yet. So we stood up around the island eating dinner! AHH! It’s apparent I was exhausted! Oops!
 
If you follow me on Two Forks One Budget Instagram, I posted a picture of our kitchen last weekend. It is the only room that doesn’t have boxes in it! Check it out!


Ingredients
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
Salt and pepper
1 boil-in-bag Uncle Ben’s Brown Rice
Fresh broccoli 
The Sauce
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice or apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon ground ginger
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon cornstarch


Instructions
  • Cook rice according to instructions on packaging.
  • Steam broccoli.
  • Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and place in large nonstick skillet. Cook until done, I would stir often.
  • In a small bowl or a measuring cup, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar and cornstarch. Whisk together until there are no cornstarch lumps. Add sauce to chicken and cook stirring constantly, until it thickens into shiny glaze.
  • Remove from heat and serve immediately with rice and steamed broccoli.

Happy Eating!
Original Recipe- Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts