Crock-Pot Chicken, Green Beans and Potatoes

Guess what? The boxes still aren’t unpacked, but I woke up at 5:00am this morning and couldn’t go back to sleep. So...I started tackling the guest bedroom. We literally had a mountain of shoes that needed to be organized. Seriously, my husband has more shoes than I do!! I got rid of about 22 pairs this morning between throwing some away and selling them online! I have to say that I am proud of myself, it’s hard for me to let go. Eric is off today, and he was going to get his shoes organized as well. I bet you he doesn’t throw one pair away. If he does, please let it be the white K-Swiss tennis shoes. He has had them for probably over 10 years, and I know that they have never been worn.

I didn’t cook last night. We actually went to Post Office Pies in Avondale, but I wanted to share a crock-pot recipe I did last week. I have actually done this recipe numerous times and it is quick, filling, and so good!  Two of my good friends, Jaime and Whitney have made this already as well and thought it was delicious!

Ingredients
2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 ½ cups fresh green beans, cut and trimmed
3 cups halfed potatoes
1 ½ FRESH lemons for juice
¼ cup olive oil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. onion powder
2 garlic cloves, minced

Instructions

  • Place the chicken in a crock-pot in the center. Next add the green beans on one side. Then for the potatoes, you will need to mound them high off to the other side.
  • In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the FRESH lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic cloves.
  • Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken, green beans and potatoes.
  • Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
  • Side Note—This is optional, but just before I remove the food from the crock-pot, I slice a lemon and squeeze another ½ of a lemon on everything. I really felt this gave it a little more flavor.


Happy Eating! 
Original Recipe- Seasoned Chicken Potatoes and Green Beans

Comments

Popular Posts