Crock-Pot Santa Fe Soup


Wow, it’s been a month since I have done a blog post! I knew March was going to be busy, but whew, March you were super busy. I am so glad things have calmed down a bit. Um, well sort of seeing as I did 34,000 steps between Saturday and Sunday. Wedding season has begun again, and I am back working Saturday weddings. I thoroughly enjoyed looking down at 11pm Saturday and seeing I had over 18,000 steps. It is the one of the many things I miss about the wedding industry. I never had to worry about getting my daily steps ;) 

Sunday, Eric and I went on a six mile hike at Oak Mountain. It was a such a beautiful day yesterday! A couple of weekends ago, we hiked Mt. Cheaha, and y’all, it was straight up and down. We always get ourselves into these situations. My fitbit said we did 120 floors yesterday. You never really realize how out of shape you are until you are in the middle of hiking a mountain. Anyways, this weekend kicked my butt and I was asleep at 7:20pm last night.

So these past couple of weeks went something like this: ATL>HOU>ATL>BHM>ATL>BHM>PCB>BHM. This was all done within two weeks. I hate to admit this, but I still have shoes in my suitcase that I need to unpack. Oops!
 
This past week, I cooked Santa Fe Soup. I have made this before for Eric and me, but I haven’t shared it on the blog. I actually got this from one of my best friends Brooke that lives in Dallas. It is super easy, makes a ton, and is delicious. We actually had it for dinner two nights and then I froze the rest.
 
Ingredients
2 lbs. Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
1 medium chopped onion or 1 tablespoon of onion powder
2 envelopes low sodium taco seasoning
1 can kidney beans- undrained 
1 can low sodium black beans- undrained
1 can low sodium pinto beans- undrained
1 can Ro-tel Diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 can petite diced tomatoes
2 can white corn
2 cups water
Salt and Pepper to taste
 
Instructions
  • Brown Meat and cook onions on stove. Drain Grease and place in crock-pot
  • Add remaining ingredients
  • Cook in crock-pot for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on slow.
  • Top with cheese, sour cream, etc.


Happy Eating! 

Comments

Popular Posts