Whole 30- Day 10- Steak Fajitas

Day 10—Wednesday night I got home really early from work and was able to help Eric do some yard work that we have neglected to do. Homeownership is real fun they say…But before I got started on that, I went ahead and made the marinade for the flank steak. Hands down, this is the most flavorful meal Eric and I have had since doing the Whole 30. I told Eric that I would continue to cook this recipe even when we are off this program, but I would add some rice, beans, sour cream, queso, and a margarita LOL! Just kidding, maybe…
I did not change anything about this recipe. I did leave the zucchini out because we were out of it!

Ingredients
1 ½  pounds flank steak
¾  teaspoon garlic powder
¾  teaspoon onion powder
1 ½  teaspoons cumin
2 limes juiced
¼  cup avocado oil
1/3 cup coconut aminos
1 ½  teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

For Vegetables 
1/4 cup bone broth
2 bell peppers thinly sliced
1/2 yellow onion sliced

Instructions
  • In a small bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients together using a whisk. Transfer the marinade to a gallon ziplock baggie and add the flank steak. Let it marinate for at least 1 hour.
  • Heat a large pan up on medium-high heat. Remove the flank steak from the bag and place on a cutting board. Reserve the marinade and set aside. Generously season the steak with salt and pepper.
  • Gently place the steak into the pan and let cook for 4 1/2 minutes. Flip over and cook for another 4 1/2 minutes. I added some of the marinade while it cooked. Remove from the pan and let rest on foil.
  • Scrape up leftover bits in the pan and add the bone broth. Add vegetables and cook for 8-10 minutes until soft and cooked through.
  • Slice the steak against the grain, serve and enjoy!

Happy Eating!
Original Recipe-Steak Fajitas

Comments

Popular Posts