Whole 30 Day 16- Paleo Spaghetti with Zoodles

Eric had been asking me to do another zoodle recipe, so I decided to cook homemade spaghetti served over zoodles. Just FYI, since the last time I bought these zoodles from Whole Foods, they have gone up $3.00...what the heck? I guess that’s what happens when demand is high. I really just need to invest in a spiralizer, but of course I want the one that attaches to my Kitchen Aid and is like $120. Anyways, this spaghetti was very filing. I kept asking Eric how he liked it, and he said, "it would be better with sugar in the sauce and a piece of bread to soak up the spaghetti sauce"…so ya, I don’t know what that means. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I ate my whole plate. I got all my ingredients at Sprouts and was happy that I only had to go to one store. I only changed one thing about this recipe. I didn’t drain my diced tomatoes, and I got petite diced tomatoes because I don’t like them as chunky.  Tomorrow I will tell you about our weekend as well as our adventure on Sunday!!

P.S. Today marks 1 week left of the Whole 30… I think I can, I think I can!

Ingredients
2 lbs Ground Lean Beef
1 Yellow Onion diced
3 cloves Garlic minced
1 (15 oz) can Tomato Sauce  
2 (14 oz) can Petite Diced Tomatoes 
1 (6 oz) can Tomato Paste
1 Tbsp Dried Basil
1 tsp Dried Oregano 
2-1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp onion Powder
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning 
1 tsp Sea Salt 

Instructions
  • In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, brown the ground meat. Drain excess fat.
  • Reduce heat to medium and add diced onion and garlic to the meat. Cook about 5 minutes.
  • Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste and stir to mix well.
  • Add basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and salt. Stir well to combine.
  • Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 1 hour.
  • I served over zoodles but you can serve over whatever you would like. 

Happy Eating! 

Original Recipe- Paleo Spaghetti Sauce

Comments

Popular Posts