Banana Bread

Happy Hump Day! I feel like I am the only one that is having to go to work this morning, but I’m thankful that I have the rest of the week and weekend off. I am looking forward to lots of yummy food over the next several days. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Enjoy this time with you family and friends!

If any of you are in charge of bringing dessert to Thanksgiving and have no clue what to bring, I have a great recipe that I am sharing with you today. This is my go to Banana Bread recipe. I know I have shared one on here before with you, but I have since found this one. Over the last year, it has become my favorite.

I am not sure if it is just me, but I am very weird about my bananas. I like to eat them when they are still green, but after about 2 days of being in my house, they become too mushy. So as soon as they come to that point, I always put them in freezer and save them for banana bread. I often make this when Eric and I are wanting something sweet. It is perfect for in the morning with a cup of coffee or to finish off a really great dinner. I did not change anything about this recipe except that I do not like nuts in my baked goods, so I listed those as optional.

Instructions
1 stick butter, at room temperature
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 very ripe bananas
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 ½ unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
½ cup sour cream (I don’t fill this up to the very top)
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Ingredients
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
  • In an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, add butter and sugar until light and fluffy (make sure your butter is at room temperature, if not it will not mix properly). Add eggs and beat.
  • This next step is important. Make sure you do this in a separate bowl. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to mixture and mix until combined. Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; mix to combine. Stir in nuts and pour into prepared pan.
  • Bake about 1 hour and 10 minutes. I stick a toothpick in the middle to make sure it is done. Make sure the toothpick comes out clean. Turn onto a rack and let cool.


Happy Eating!
Original Recipe- Banana Bread

Comments

Popular Posts