Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Happy Turkey Week! I am so ready to be off for a couple of days and spend time with family and friends as well as get some stuff done around the house. Tonight, Eric and I are hosting a small Friendsgiving for one of our close circle of friends. I have always wanted to do this, and tonight it is happening. I actually love that this has become a trend. I feel like when I was younger we would go our family Thanksgiving and by that evening, we would be over at our best friend’s house having Thanksgiving again. Anyone else do that when growing up? So I love the aspect of Friendsgiving where it might not be on Thanksgiving, but we are able to celebrate with friends!

A couple of weeks ago, I made my first gluten-free cookies, and they were awesome. I had been wanting to do this for a while and have had a bag of Blue Diamond Almond Flour just sitting in my pantry that I got from Costco. My cousin recently discovered he has a gluten intolerance and told me he was really missing bread and all things baked. So it was my mission to make these for him, and I think they were a hit!

These were really delicious and the consistency was perfect. I was nervous they were going to be hard, but they were actually very chewy. I would definitely eat these not knowing they were gluten-free. I am hoping to make Gluten-Free Banana Bread soon. 

Ingredients
½ cup butter, softened
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg + 1 egg white
2½ cups Blue Diamond Almond Flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips or pieces

Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  • Beat together butter, sugars, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and then mix in eggs.
  • Stir in almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
  • Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Take 1 tablespoon of dough and roll in ball. Make sure you keep these about two inches apart on baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top.

Happy Eating!
Original Recipe- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies 

Comments

Popular Posts