Chicken Parmesan over Zoodles

Happy Tuesday!
Hope everyone is having a great week so far. I know that I am ready for the weekend. First world problems but this is the first full week of work this year between snow days and vacation, and I’m already wishing to be back on the beach.  Speaking of beach, I hope to have my post up about Maui next week.  Stay tuned!

On Black Friday, I bought a new spiralizer and had yet to use it until last week. My husband loves zoodles, and I promised him we would try a new dish. I decided to make Chicken Parmesan over Zoodles. This recipe has a unique twist to the original recipe by using Vodka Sauce instead of using the traditional tomato sauce. We were stuffed after dinner. I actually happened to stumble across this recipe on the Internet, and I am so glad that I did. Next time I make this recipe, I am going to try and warm the zoodles for a couple of minutes. I think I would have loved this more if the zoodles were slightly warm. Overall, this is a great healthier version of Chicken Parmesan.

Ingredients
¼ cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 chicken breasts
1 ½ cups Vodka sauce or tomato sauce (I used Bertolli Vodka Sauce)
4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
1-2 zucchinis
Instructions
  • Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
  • Mix breadcrumbs, panko, and Parmesan in a bowl with the Italian herbs, salt, and pepper. Heat the oil in a medium cast Iron Skillet over medium heat.
  • Butterfly both chicken breasts to make four pieces.
  • Smother chicken in the breadcrumbs so that they stick all over.
  • Add the chicken to the hot skillet and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is golden brown. 
  • Use a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles while chicken is cooking.
  • Place skillet in oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
  • Add sauce over chicken and place a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each piece of chicken.
  • Return to the oven and let cook until the cheese is bubbling and lightly browned.
  • Serve chicken and sauce over the raw zucchini noodles, and sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.

Happy Eating!

Comments

Popular Posts