Super Bowl Chili

We have six more weeks of winter. Did anyone else want to cry when hearing that the groundhog saw his shadow? Ugh!

Last night, Eric and I had some friends over for the Super Bowl. I had so much fun this weekend cooking up a storm. I swear, cooking is therapeutic to me. Nothing like a little John Mayer while making new recipes. Later this week, I will share with you another one of my recipes from Super Bowl Sunday. My Crab Ragoon Dip was a huge hit!

I thought since it seems that winter is never going to end, chili would be a perfect dinner to eat on a chilly night (see what I did there). How amazing was that JT performance? I thought it was an awesome half-time show! This chili recipe is a new one that I actually found on Pinterest a couple of months ago. It is so awesome! TO feed 16 mouths i doubled this recipe and had some left over to freeze. I did put a little twist on this recipe, and I’m going to stick with it from this point forward! I left the sausage and bell peppers out of the recipe and added corn. I also used beer which I highly recommend, but if you want to just add beef stock, you can do that as well!

Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef 
½ pound bacon
2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, drained
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
2 (28 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes with juice
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1 tablespoon onion power or 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 cups beef bone broth or beef stock
1 can of sweet corn, drained
1 cup Michelob Ultra
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika

Instructions
  • In medium skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat. I would recommend to add onion powder to the meat while cooking if you are not using onions. Drain excess grease.
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees cook bacon until crispy (12-15 mins). Crumble bacon and add to large stock pot.
  • Drain all beans and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Add beans to stock pot.
  • Add diced tomatoes, corn, tomato paste, beef broth, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, basil, salt, pepper, and paprikaMix well. Let chili simmer for 2 hours on low heat, and stir occasionally.
  • I refrigerate overnight and let it simmer for another 2 hours. The longer it cooks, the better the flavor.
  • Remove from heat and top with your favorite toppings. I served mine with sour cream and cheese and a hint of cilantro. 


Happy Eating! 
Original Recipe- Best Chili

Comments

Popular Posts