Blueberry Banana Muffins


Hope everyone had a happy Easter and enjoyed their time with family and friends! We are coming into my favorite time of year. I love these longer, warmer days. I feel like Birmingham had such a rainy winter, and I have been longing for warmer days. I am digging all of this sunshine! Who is with me?!

This past weekend, Eric’s mom came up to visit, and I wanted to bake some banana blueberry muffins for all of us to enjoy…let me spoil this for you and say there was only one that enjoyed them, and that was a fawn boxer name Murray!  I swear that dog (and she’s the good one) has a thing for bread. She won’t get anything off the counter, but if there are hamburger buns, muffins, banana bread, etc., she will take getting in trouble for it. Before Murray decided to eat the whole bag, I did happen to eat one or two, and they were delicious. I have every intention to make these again soon! I originally was going to bake just blueberry muffins, but I found this recipe in one of my cookbooks and thought I would try it out. It actually was banana blueberry bread, but I turned it into muffins.

Ingredients
1 stick of butter, melted and cooled
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
5 ripe bananas
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups blueberries

Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Place foil baking cups in muffin pan.
  • Cream butter, two bananas, and sugar in an electric mixer.
  • Mix in eggs. Add the remaining three bananas and sweetened condensed milk. Do not over-mix the batter.
  • In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder with a fork.  
  • Take dry ingredients and pour slowly into the batter.  Do not over-mix!  Stir in your blueberries.
  • Pour batter ¾ of the way full into the foil baking cups.
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes.

Happy Eating!
Original Recipe- Blueberry Banana Bread

Comments

Popular Posts