Frosé


Happy Monday! Another weekend has come and gone, and if you’re anything like me, you’re counting the hours until Friday! Eric and I had a very active weekend with friends and family. It’s weekends like this past one that make my heart so happy!

I am excited to share with you today’s recipe. I have been wanting to try this recipe since August of last year while we were on vacation in Wisconsin. My aunt actually introduced me to frosé (frozen rosé), but the recipe we were trying (this was her first time making it too) could have been better. So I did some research recently and wanted to try to perfect it. I was going to accomplish this Monday night, but it seemed the entire city of Birmingham was out of strawberries. Did anyone else notice this? Monday evening, Eric and I actually left Aldi and went to Publix (still no strawberries) because Aldi was out of all produce. Publix was also out of chicken…craziness! The only thing I can think of is that all of Birmingham went on spring break at the same time this year (usually it is spaced out over a couple of weeks), and when everyone came back, everyone wanted the same groceries. Anyway, the moral of the story is that my frosé got postponed until yesterday. This was the best treat to come inside to after I had been helping my mom work in my yard. You quickly forget that this is mostly alcohol because it goes down so smoothly. I cannot wait to have this on hot summer nights!

Ingredients
1 750 ml bottle rosé
½ cup sugar
8 ounces strawberries, sliced and quartered
1 juice of a fresh lemon

Instructions
  • Pour rosé into a 13x9 Pyrex dish. Place in freezer for 4-6 hours. Side note—This will not completely freeze because it has alcohol in it.
  • In the interim, bring ½ cup water and ½ cup sugar to a boil. I stirred constantly until the sugar dissolved. Remove from heat.
  • Add sliced strawberries to the sugar-water.
  • Remove strawberries from syrup. I let my strawberries infuse for about an hour.
  • Take frozen rosé out of freezer and place in blender.
  • Add the strawberry syrup, lemon juice, and 1 cup of ice to blender.
  • Blend until smooth.
  • Place blender in freezer for frosé to thicken. I would say to do about 20 minutes.
  • Blend frosé until slushy.
  • Serve, garnish and enjoy!
Happy Drinking! 

Comments

Popular Posts